Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My thoughts on post 1

Overall I think y'all did a great job on the first post. You used research (some of you found your own) to make intelligent arguments about the election which was our number one objective.

The main theme I saw was that many of you were informed writers but didn't credit where your information was from. Please refer to where that information is from so that your classmates and I can tell what is influencing your perspective. For examples of people's writing who did a great job of doing this (there were many) I would like to highlight a couple writers - ASampson, Katie B, and Lauren the wise.

Other themes I saw to a lesser extent included discussing the election but not addressing both questions, and not enough proofreading. Please address those issues if I wrote you a note about them in your next post.

Thanks and I look forward to reading your responses to each other. M. Aby

No comments: